Welcome To Brechin Hill Neighborhood
Brechin Hill – Transportation Hub and Beautiful Views
Brechin Hill is located on the hill to the left of the BC Ferries terminal at Departure Bay (when looking from the water). This area is noted for having beautiful character homes built to enjoy the amazing views of Departure Bay, Newcastle Island and Protection Island.
Newcastle Island is a charming marine Provincial Park. You can enjoy a walk around the entire island in an afternoon, explore the many beaches, have a picnic on the expansive lawns or stay for the whole weekend in one of the campsites. Whether you choose to access it by ferry or private vessel, Newcastle Island is a magical spot for making summertime memories.
Protection Island can also be seen from Brechin hill with ferry access from Downtown Nanaimo. The Dinghy Dock Pub on Protection is a “must visit” for tourist and locals alike. This floating pub looks back at the City of Nanaimo with fantastic southern exposure while you enjoy the stunning views.
If you feel like Brechin Hill is the spot for you, check out homes for sale in this fantastic area!
One of our gorgeous listings on Stewart Ave. You can now rent it as an Airbnb!
- Brechin Elementary– 510 Millstone Ave., Nanaimo V9S 5A9 – 250 754-7523; Kindergarten to Grade 7
- Cilaire Elementary – 25 Cilaire Drive, Nanaimo V9S 3C9 – 250 758-7941; Kindergarten to Grade 7
- Learn@Home K-7– 3004 Departure Bay Road, Nanaimo V9T 1B4 – 250 751-2197; toll free 1-866-740-2037
- Wellington Secondary – 3135 Mexicana Rd., Nanaimo V9T 2W8 – 250 758-9191; Grades 8 to 12
French immersion schools
- Ecole Quarterway Elementary School– 1632 Bowen Rd., Nanaimo V9S 1G6 – 250 754-6845; Kindergarten to Grade 7 (Dual track – English and French Immersion)
Francophone School District 93
- The Conseil scolaire francophone (250) 714-0761 1951 Estevan Rd, Nanaimo, BC