Welcome To Brechin Hill Neighborhood
Brechin Hill – Transportation Hub and Beautiful Views
Brechin Hill is one of the older parts of the city and is known for its variety of unique character homes. Many of these houses offer spectacular views of the ocean and Newcastle Island. Though Brechin is an older area of the city, many of these homes have been modernized, while others have maintained their original character look. Brechin Hill is close to Nanaimo’s downtown core, making this quaint area even more appealing to those looking to be within close proximity to local shopping and amenities. Residents of the Brechin area have easy access to Bowen Park where they can enjoy the walking trails, outdoor pool, tennis and beach volleyball courts, and a disc golf course. Bowen Park also offers a community centre as well as two large picnic shelters, making this an ideal location for large events.
Protection Island can also be seen from Brechin hill with ferry access from Downtown Nanaimo. The Dinghy Dock Pub on Protection is a “must visit” for tourists and locals alike. This floating pub looks back at the City of Nanaimo with fantastic southern exposure while you enjoy the stunning views.
If you feel like Brechin Hill is the spot for you, check out homes for sale in this fantastic area!
One of our gorgeous listings on Stewart Ave. You can now rent it as an Airbnb!
- Brechin Elementary– 510 Millstone Ave., Nanaimo V9S 5A9 – 250 754-7523; Kindergarten to Grade 7
- Cilaire Elementary – 25 Cilaire Drive, Nanaimo V9S 3C9 – 250 758-7941; Kindergarten to Grade 7
- Learn@Home K-7– 3004 Departure Bay Road, Nanaimo V9T 1B4 – 250 751-2197; toll free 1-866-740-2037
- Wellington Secondary – 3135 Mexicana Rd., Nanaimo V9T 2W8 – 250 758-9191; Grades 8 to 12
French immersion schools
- Ecole Quarterway Elementary School– 1632 Bowen Rd., Nanaimo V9S 1G6 – 250 754-6845; Kindergarten to Grade 7 (Dual track – English and French Immersion)
Francophone School District 93
- The Conseil scolaire francophone (250) 714-0761 1951 Estevan Rd, Nanaimo, BC
Enter the information below to receive your free, detailed neighbourhood report including information on school catchment, parks & rec, transit, and neighbourhood safety.