For the love of PLANTS!
Nothing brings life to a room quite like a beautiful plant! Whether you want to create a tranquil space, reduce the stress in the air, or build a space that feels as though you are working in a tropical oasis, the right greenery can accomplish this!
Not sure how to decorate your home with greenery? Choosing the right plants for the rooms in your home can be downright daunting. That’s why we have compiled a list of our top 7 tips to help you decorate with greenery that best suits your home.
- Create beautiful centerpieces. They pull table décor together and allow you to get creative with the plants and flowers that are in season.
- Pair up your plants! Create symmetry with your greenery to pull together a polished décor piece.
- Replace hanging art with plants. Hang herbs in your kitchen for quick use while cooking, or replace that canvas above your bed with a trellis and create a statement plant wall.
- Use faux plants! Every piece of greenery in your home doesn’t have to be real! Insider’s tip…IKEA sells some of the most realistic looking succulents and plants that are the perfect addition for homes.
- Mix and match décor. Mix your greenery with various other décor pieces such as candles, hourglasses, etc. The combination of the plant and the décor ties a room together.
- Change the scale. Ensure that you are incorporating greenery of all different types and sizes. From small potted succulents to large indoor palm trees, the contrast of variety gives your home a dynamic touch.
- Remember the temp! When selecting where you are going to place the greenery in your home, ensure that each piece is placed in a room with lighting and temperature that is optimal for a sustained life span.
Just like that you are ready to add greenery to your home like a pro!